Saturday, September 17, 2011

7th and Final Day

Today I had the pleasure of waking up late. I was hungry when I woke up since I did such a light dinner last night. Going to bed kind of hungry works better on this challenge since it makes the oatmeal, which I have plenty of, seem almost good to eat first thing in the morn'. No hard boiled egg for me today. I am so sick of them.

I wonder what I would eat next week if I took the Challenge for a second week? I really can't eat more rice, eggs or beans. I don't know what I would use for staples...maybe pasta, potatoes and cheap bread...? I'm SO THANKFUL that this Challenge isn't my real life. 



For lunch I decided to make a big batch of "fried rice" and then just leave leftovers for dinner since there didn't seem to be enough to make two separate but interesting meals. I don't know what else I could make with leftover rice, celery, onion, cabbage and one shriveled sad carrot? I'm not interested in doing a complicated recipe so I just decided to pan fry everything and then add the eggs and the rice.


As you can see, I decided not to chop the veggies finely because I was feeling lazy and I think that made this meal very weird. It didn't really taste fried because of it, more like heated up. This meal didn't end up tasting like the fried rice I was hoping for at all but since it's made of most of the food I have left I'm definitely going to eat it for lunch and dinner tonight. 


This Challenge was really enlightening. Even when I tried to pick simple staples it didn't work out easily at all. I'm really happy that the San Francisco and Marin Food Banks exist because while food stamps are certainly better than nothing, the Food Bank is a great resource for extra food (ESPECIALLY PRODUCE) to stretch the budget. If I had been able to visit a pantry or food program supported by the Food Bank I could have picked up a bunch more produce to have this past week which really would have helped.

I'm going to write more on the overall Hunger Challenge later tonight or tomorrow...so stay tuned.



I will also update if I end up eating any more food tonight (which I probably will). :)


Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch: fried brown rice with vegetables
Dinner: leftovers from lunch

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting through the week. We keep starting over due to falling off The Hunger Challenge wagon. Still trying, though, and learning a lot along the way. - Fay

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont know if you still check but from someone whose family of 3 exist on 340 for 2 adults and one teenager how do you think you would feel after 3months or more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year buy dried beans; usually you can find them in bulk for 1 a pound. Go for white rice since it cooks faster and its cheaper. From your ingrediants, i would make soup, too. And try adding the frozen berries to the oatmeal. And bananas are cheaper than berries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not as Hard as it looks to do it it's just take lots or research and practice at the beginning. I'm saying this from experience. I receive food stamps for me, my husband, and my two kids (2 yer old and a 1 year old) we only get $220 a month. It was very difficult at the beginning but I have learn to make it work. I spend $50 a week on grocerys I shop once a week and plan my meals around what's on sale. If their is a good sale I will stock up with my $20 extra that I have for the month. Like when chicken thighs are on sale I stock up. Its all about finding the sales that make it work and stocking up. We do not get bored with meals. Even when we are in a better position to not get food stamps I will still shop this way. This website is what helped me enormously when I first got food stamps www.grocerybudget101.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Brain Cancer,Lung Cancer,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 55-year-old from Paris, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below,

    Cancer

    HIV/Aids

    Herpes Virus

    Bladder cancer

    Brain cancer

    Colon-Rectal Cancer

    Breast Cancer

    Prostate Cancer

    Esophageal cancer

    Gallbladder cancer

    Gestational trophoblastic disease

    Head and neck cancer

    Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer

    Kidney cancer

    Leukemia

    Liver cancer

    Lung cancer

    Melanoma

    Mesothelioma

    Multiple myeloma

    Neuroendocrine tumors

    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma

    Oral cancer

    Ovarian cancer

    Sinus cancer

    Skin cancer

    Soft tissue sarcoma

    Spinal cancer

    Stomach cancer

    Testicular cancer

    Throat cancer

    Thyroid Cancer

    Uterine cancer

    Vaginal cancer

    Vulvar cancer

    Hepatitis

    Chronic Illness

    Lupus

    Diabetes

    FibromyalgiaMen/Women InfertilityMenstrual Cramp.

    ReplyDelete