Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 4: The Left Behind Series

apple/yogurt snack 5pm
So today was uninspiring to say the least. I decided to eat up most of my leftovers!
Work was so busy that I didn't take a picture of most of my food today! And I apologize.
Breakfast: mug of oatmeal (eaten in a meeting)
Lunch: Leftover turkey sausage and rice (eaten in a meeting)
Snack: Apple and yogurt
Dinner: Lentil stew leftovers, an orange
leftover stew dinner + orange


You might have seen my post yesterday totaling all the food that I have left, and it's not a lot. Mostly some rice and oatmeal. I still have 3 more days too! Luckily my friend Calley is a professional chef and is suggesting some great recipes to me so I might try them out. TALK ABOUT GETTING PROFESSIONAL HELP!

Which brings me to this thought I had the other day when reading Hunger Challenger Heather's blog. Heather is purposefully not making stew and such because she rightfully believes most people don't have time for this nonsense. She is instead eating faster things, like sandwiches, that are less filling. I think that was probably a better decision. I really don't think that these rice and lentil dishes are realistic at all. I've been eating leftovers because I'm so busy and I don't have kids, I only work 40 hours a week, and outside of work I pretty much only do what I want. I can't imagine what someone who has real time restrictions would say if I told them tonight that I plan on sauteing oatmeal and rice patties. 

This is not a fun way to live. Food is involved in so much of our culture and social life. I can't hang out with friends because I can't afford it, I can't invite a friend over because if they ask for food I can't offer it. I can't eat what I want because if I don't already have it, it's just not an option.

I am totally out of fruit, almost out of dairy, almost out of veggies and looking at trying to think of clever ways to eat oatmeal and brown rice (and I guess I will have to cheat and use condiments I already have...which maybe isn't exactly cheating).



I'm exhausted. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment