Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 5:

Breakfast oatmeal & egg
small amount of leftover
lentils & rice
green beans & 2 eggs



Breakfast:
oatmeal and a hard boiled egg
Lunch: Leftover rice with leftover lentil soup (and a lot less than I thought!)
Dinner: Green beans, 2 Eggs.

Dinner: I thought I was going to make these oatmeal rice patties but when I got home from work at 8pm I decided I wanted to eat NOW and not in an hour! So I just fried two eggs and microwaved some frozen green beans. This is probably the level of difficulty I would continue with if I had to do this challenge for more than a week. 

I'm so over cooking and staying up late to make lunch or cook rice. It's just not realistic to think this is easy. It's just not realistic to think that $4.72 is a lot! Some of the comments on this blog act like $4.72 is totally doable...I challenge them to prove it. It might be doable, but it's barely sustainable and requires a lot of attention. It's not the easiest way to live. It adds a level of stress to an already stressful life. Stress, about something as wonderful as food. One more thing to worry about, it's just another "bill" to pay. Not fun at all.
frozen blueberries & yogurt

Dessert:  The rest of my plain yogurt and some frozen blueberries


My Grocery List:
Brown rice: $3.58 1.5 bags left (a lot)
Lentils: $2.58
18 Eggs: $3.68 8 eggs left
Frozen green beans: $1.67 (sale! 3 for $5, but I only bought one) 3/4 of the bag left
Frozen spinach: $1.67 (sale! 3 for $5, but I only bought one)
Huge container of oatmeal: $2.50 (sale! 2 for $5, but I only bought one) a lot left
2 cans of tomato paste: $1.18
Hot Italian Turkey Sausage: $2.29 (clearance 50% off usually $5.79)
Plain Non-fat Yogurt: $3.49 
Frozen Blueberries: $2.99 (I cheated, I already had these and they are from Trader Joes) 3/4 of the bag left

2 onions: $0.51 1 onion4 carrots: $0.34 2 carrots left
Celery: $0.69 5 stalks left
Purple cabbage: $1.68 Half a cabbage left
2 apples: $1.14
1 orange: $0.39

No comments:

Post a Comment