Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 4: Lunch

So for lunch I am just having the leftover pasta and sauce from last night's dinner. It's nothing too exciting but it is still really yummy. If not for the budget constraints I think this would be a great meal  if portioned a little smaller and with a side salad or a side of veggies of some kind. Although I think it is unnecessary to eat tuna since the mercury levels are pretty high. The cost of this meal is only $1.31 though so that is pretty good.

AND If I get hungry after lunch I came prepared. I have a sweet potato tofu burger, some bread and some brown rice in case I need more food before dinner...which is really good because if you go into the office kitchen you will find this little number on the counter:


Cake of Temptation in the office kitchen
What I will eat instead of cake...
But brown rice is just as good right? I mean look at it. 
1/2 cup of brown rice for a snack = 27.5 cents. So far today I have spent $2.30 so I only have $1.70 for dinner! I think I can do it though...plus I could probably spend a little more on it since I was so cheap Sun, Mon, Tues!

No comments:

Post a Comment